Saturday, July 25, 2009

Week's Totals

This week's total workout:

8000 yards swimming

44.54 miles bike

3.55 hours running

Total: 10.95 hours

The total is a little low because I was recovering from the race last Sunday. My legs felt dead when I tried to run up until Friday. Hard racing really drains my energy. Tomorrow I am supposed to bike ride for four hours at a mostly hard pace on rolling to hilly terrain. Looking at the weather reports, it is supposed to be about 92 degrees by nine o'clock, which means it will probably be unbearable by 10:30 a.m. Maybe if I get up at four and get going by 5:30 a.m. I will finish the ride before I get heat exhaustion. I pray for clouds.

This type of workout is my coach's attempt to get me to the point where I can finish the 112 miles bike portion in the ironman before the time cut-off. The last time I was training for an ironman, I was up to five hours of riding at four months out, but at a moderate pace on rolling terrain. I guess the theory is that if you ride at a more intense pace for a shorter period of time, it will be the equivalent of riding longer at a slower pace. I hope to hell his plan works.

No comments:

Post a Comment