Thursday, October 15, 2015

Speedo Trauma

I don't want to look, but I have to.


I inhabit a world of lycra. In the triathlon world, lycra doesn't hide much, especially when wet. Speedos are an extreme example of this phenomena, being basically a fancy form of men's briefs. Hence the trauma:






Hey you!
Muscular, tan, slim,
god..
In a Speedo swimsuit--
with that Bulge.

I want to look away, but can’t.
I don’t want to see.
The odd body ornament.
Hanging left.

The Speedo reveals all.
Every little outline.

I never used to notice
men in tight Speedos,
until my husband ran off
with a masseuse.

I don’t date.
No romance.
I have a crisis of faith--
in myself.

Exposed genitalia
is a distant memory.

I am penis deprived.                                    
 Really Speedo?
But I don’t want to see yours.

I am not attracted to you,
an immature youth.
Pretty, but insubstantial.
I am old.

And yet I look.
There it is.
Repulsive, yet
fascinating.
Intrusive.

Please go and
take your Bulge with you.  
Before I go Blind.

2 comments:

  1. "Pretty, but insubstantial" I am old too and I think that way about some younger women I see revealingly clad. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron would still wear a speedo if I didn't object. I feel the same as you, but he dislikes the trunks they make now.

    ReplyDelete